STUDENT HANDBOOK 2022-2023
COMMUNITY SERVICE LOG
LEGACY CHARTER SCHOOL
Legacy Public Charter School is a Harbor School and its mission and philosophy
are based upon the Harbor School Method.
LEGACY PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Legacy Charter School’s mission is to develop students who are competent, confident, productive and responsible young adults who possess the habits, skills and attitudes to succeed in life and be offered the invitation of a post-secondary education and satisfying employment.
LEGACY PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY
Legacy Public Charter School is grounded in the belief that when there is low threat and content is highly challenging, accelerated learning takes place.
- Legacy Public Charter School is a free, public charter school open to everyone, and approved and authorized by the Idaho Public Charter School Commission. Legacy opened in the fall of 2011-2012 and serves students in kindergarten - 8th grades.
- Non-Discrimination Statement: Federal law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in any educational programs or activities receiving federal financial assistance. (Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.) It is the policy of Legacy Public Charter School not to discriminate in any educational programs or activities, admissions procedures, or employment practices.
- Non-Sectarian Statement: Legacy Public Charter School is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our policies indicate that we welcome students of all faiths, races, abilities, ages and incomes. Legacy Public Charter School is a tuition free, Idaho public charter school.
- As a Title IA school, we receive federal dollars that support our academic program. To request information regarding the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers and paraprofessionals, contact Mrs. Gerber, Special Education Director.
- Parents are encouraged to review this website for school policies pertaining to federal program activities and requirements, and provide comment on such policies. Comments can be sent to the school office to the attention of Mrs. O'Donahue, Federal Programs Director.